Frigidaire Freezer Repair
People who prefer to buy their appliances from reliable and reputable companies don’t need repairs as often, but it gets more complicated when the warranty period ends or if the official service center is far away and it takes a long time to get there. At Appliance Service Center, we believe that people who choose premium electronics should also receive quality service, so we offer only the best Frigidaire Freezer Repair in San Diego County.
Why this company?
Freezer repair is one of the main services performed by the technicians at our service. We perform comprehensive Frigidaire Freezer Repair and Service both residential and industrial with a house call of any complexity.
Masters of our service are the best prepared for Frigidaire Freezer Repairs at home, we have extensive experience, professional equipment, a set of necessary tools and spare parts.
We will put almost any freezer back in working order, even if it is the same age as your grandfather, but dear to you as a memory. Our technicians perform inexpensive Frigidaire Freezer Repair and Service in the office, at home, or on-site.
Is your freezer not working, freezing poorly, or no longer cold at all? Contact Appliance Service Center. Frigidaire Freezer Repair is one of the main activities of our repair shop.
The main problems are
Compressor isn’t working
The most expensive element of the freezer. It is in the lower back of the appliance. Compressors have a high lifespan and usually fail for two reasons:
- Natural wear and tear – for example, if the freezer has been running for 10 years or more.
- Improper operation – installing the freezer in rooms with high temperatures, frequent compressor operation due to problems with the coolant, the thermostat.
You can determine the malfunction of the compressor by the following signs:
- In a freezer with a single compressor – the light in the working chamber is on, the control unit is functioning, the display. The freezer motor makes clicking noises, trying to start the compressor.
- In the freezer with two compressors (separate for each chamber), the motor which provides the work of one of the compressors works within 5-10 seconds and switches off.
Only a Frigidaire Freezer Repairs and Services technician can deal with compressor failure.
Problems with the inter-circuit switching valve
Household freezers can be of two types:
- Single circuit. Have one temperature setting for all compartments, such as cooling and freezing.
- Dual circuit. Equipped with two circuits. They allow you to set different temperatures in the compartments.
In dual-circuit units, the flow of coolant between the compartments is redirected by a special switching valve. If it breaks, the following signs are characteristic:
- Only one of the two chambers works.
- Both chambers do not work stably: freezer has increased temperature, cooling compartment has decreased temperature, and reverse situation is also possible.
If the freezer does not work because the switching valve is broken, the element is replaced with a new one. It has a small cost.
The thermostat is broken
The thermostat monitors the temperature in the freezer. It automatically turns on the compressor to cool the working chamber if necessary. The main signs that the thermostat is broken are:
- Ice and frost on the walls of the freezer.
- Constant operation of the compressor. The motor should run in periods of 10-20 minutes and periodically shut off the coolant pump. If the thermostat is broken, it will not give a signal that shuts off the compressor.
- The temperature in the freezer compartment is at a sub-zero level.
- Regular clicking sounds from the motor. Sign is like compressor breakdown.
Thermostat is not repairable and has a low price. It can be replaced by any Frigidaire Freezer Repair technician.
Appliance Service Center of the highest quality and at the most affordable price is available to you 24/7! All you must do is call for Frigidaire Freezer Repair and Service or leave a request on our website, and the perfect solution will be here in no time!
Reasons to Trust us
We use only professional equipment and tools, original spare parts, and high-quality consumables. Our technicians have 20 years of experience working with all types of household appliances from well-known brands. Specialists constantly improve their skills to provide you with high-quality services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stuffing your freezer with food up to the top means preventing free air circulation between shelves and drawers. It leads to overloading of the compressor that is not designed for such intensive work. And as a consequence of early Frigidaire Freezer Repair. In addition, in this case, a lot of unnecessary electricity is wasted, and ice is formed.
Freon periodically leaks from the cooling system. And this is normal, but within acceptable limits. There are a number of signs that the loss is exceeded, and the cooling system needs to be topped up:
- The quality of the blowing air has decreased.
- The air is cooling slowly.
- There is a musty smell (incomplete cooling of evaporator).
- Oily emulsion on refrigerant piping.
- The indoor unit is covered with frost.
Do not wait until the loss of Freon reaches a critical value – it will lead to a breakdown of the compressor. Call a Frigidaire Freezer Repair technician at your home and have them charge the refrigerant.
The breakout spot is stained black and leaves oil around it. If the puncture is in a closed part, the chamber wall will bloat. But the main sign that Freon has leaked from the freezer will be an increase in temperature in the chamber, and there will be an oily puddle on the floor. A Frigidaire Freezer Repair technician will find the location of the leak, fix it, and recharge the Freon in the system.