Viking Hood Repair
If you happen to have a kitchen hood that stops working, drafts poorly, makes noise, and doesn’t perform its functions, then it’s urgent that it be repaired. In this case, contact the Appliance Service Center. Breakage of such a device is usually difficult since the fundamental design of hoods has a rather complicated structure. Our company provides quality Viking Hood Repair in San Diego County.
Our company has been working on refrigeration repair since 2001. Our Viking Hood Repair and Service technicians have over 20 years of experience.
Causes of hood breakdowns
- Untimely cleaning of the grease trap filter. Clean it at least every 3 weeks if you cook for an average family daily.
- The charcoal filter, if available, should be completely replaced every six months, but it is usually placed where the hood has a recirculation version of the output of the trapped steam. In modern models there is an LED indicator that will inform you about the need to replace the filter. Call Viking Hood Repairs and they will service your air conditioning unit.
- Operating your hood under direct fire from burners can also quickly damage your system.
- A clogged ventilation system can put a lot of strain on your hood operation.
- Ideally, there should be a natural draft in the ventilation duct.
- Remember to turn on the hood, a heavy stream of greasy steam can quickly ruin a hood’s motor if it is out of service at the time. Our experienced Viking Hood Repair and Service technicians will quickly diagnose this problem.
Causes like this can easily take out the unit itself, the motor, and the electronics. Repair or at least clean immediately if you notice something wrong, as further operation can further aggravate the work of individual elements of the hood, for example, the motor may stick with grease and stop, then it just burns out.
- Keep an eye on the filters to prevent them from clogging. In modern and high-quality models there is a “pollution” indicator in the form of a light bulb or buzzer.
- Do not use the cooker hood under open flame without any cookware.
- Check the motor for grease or fouling.
Main malfunctions and causes of damage
Steam is pulling less efficiently, the first thing you must do is check the filters, especially the grease trap filter, they might be clogged and hinder the escape of steam. You can check this by turning on the hood without filters. The filters should be cleaned and washed with special grease removers.
Bad drafts can also be due to other, less common reasons. It is possible that the ventilation duct in your home is clogged with something. Viking Hood Repair service will come to you after your request in no time.
Exhaust hood lighting isn’t working
The lighting system in most hoods is not complicated. You should start by inspecting the bulb itself and the socket contacts. Insert a known good bulb and immediately verify that the bulb itself is in good working order.
If there are no faults, make sure that the extractor motor is working, if not, start from the socket and inspect all circuits and the switch panel (buttons). You can check the contact pads with a screwdriver, a tester, or an indicator light. Our experts at Viking Hood Repairs and Services will fix the problem.
It makes a lot of noise when it’s running
Most cheap, low-quality hoods make a lot of noise because of the poor assembly of the unit. Even a small backlash and backlash during motor operation, can create a lot of vibration, buzzing and knocking. Over time, even in good models, fasteners come off and mechanisms are broken due to wear and tear.
Exhaust does not work at all
In such cases the fan does not work, and the light does not turn on. Naturally it is necessary to check the source, make sure there is voltage in the socket and then using a multimeter check all the circuits in series, make sure there is voltage on the pads of the board or switch. Contact our customer service. Our technicians at Viking Hood Repair have over 20 years of experience.
Hood repairs are just like any other appliance. Major breakdowns come from broken wires and connection pins. Hood faults can easily be repaired by a handyman from the Appliance Service Center. Contact only the experienced professionals at Viking Hood Repair and Service. Our professionals will quickly locate the faults in your hood and fix them.
Reasons to Trust us
We use only professional equipment and tools, original spare parts, and high-quality consumables. Our technicians have 20 years of experience working with all types of household appliances from well-known brands. Specialists constantly improve their skills to provide you with high-quality services.
Frequently Asked Questions
To properly clean and maintain your kitchen hood air inlets or vents, we recommend following these steps:
- Turn off the hood.
- Remove the grills or vents.
- Clean any dust or debris.
- Wash in warm, soapy water.
- Check the condition of the air ducts.
- Reinstall the grilles or openings.
If you don’t have the necessary knowledge and experience, it’s best to call a Viking Hood Repair professional.
The security and privacy of customer data is our highest priority. Our Viking Hood Repair company takes a number of measures to ensure data security and protection during kitchen hood repairs, especially when accessing electronic components or systems. Here are some of those measures:
- Training for our technicians.
- Confidentiality of information.
- Physical security.
- Protection of electronic data.
- Ensuring network security.
- Information deletion.
If you’re having a problem with your kitchen hood’s low suction power, here are a few steps that can help Viking Hood Repair and increase its efficiency:
- Check and clean the filters.
- Clean the vents.
- Check the air ducts.
- Increase fan speed.
- Distance to source.
- Check the condition of the motor.
- Proper use.