Kenmore Ice Maker Repair
Ice makers have been in active use since the twentieth century. They came to replace natural ice and have since become an integral part of the restaurant business and bar industry. Despite the fact that an ice maker can be of very high quality, breakdowns cannot be ruled out. In such cases, it is logical to resort to the specialized assistance of Appliance Service Center. We perform quality Kenmore Ice Maker Repair in San Diego County.
Our company has been in business since 2001. Our experts at Kenmore Ice Maker Repair and Service have over 20 years of experience.
Below we list the main ice maker breakdowns
- The drain hose or drainage system is clogged. The principle of connection and operation of the drain hose in an ice maker is like a washing machine, but clogs occur much more often. At the same time, you may notice water and non-freezing cubes inside the chamber.
- Problems with the programmer, valve, and thermostat. If ice is freezing in chunks on an evaporator. Defrost cycle will not start. First thing to do is to turn off and reset the unit. After that find out what is causing the problem (programmer, evaporator thermostat, solenoid valve) and make Kenmore Ice Maker Repairs.
- Nozzles clogging or pump malfunction (no water coming in). Typical signs of malfunctioning are incorrectly shaped ice or incompletely filled molds. The pump is used to force water into the compartment, which comes through the nozzles. If the water is not coming in, there is a clog that needs to be repaired by Kenmore Ice Maker Repair and Service.
- Opaque cubes are coming out. This happens when using hard water that contains a lot of lime and calcium. If your area is high in impurities, be sure to install a purification filter.
- Faulty thermostat or switch. If the ice maker does not turn on or shuts off after fifteen minutes of operation, the hopper thermostat is probably defective. No ice will be produced, or the pressure switch will trip in an emergency mode. The hopper thermostat is used to control ice production.
- As soon as the temperature in the chamber reaches a certain point, the unit shuts off the mains. Kenmore Ice Maker Repair technicians will replace this part quickly and will provide a warranty on the work done.
- The evaporator is not freezing. Pressure is higher than normal during suction. Water or solenoid valves may be open. Inspect and replace items.
- Evaporator is not freezing properly. The pressure is probably lower than normal. It happens as a result of capillary blockage or refrigerant leakage. The blockage must be found and repaired, and the condition of the filter-drier must be checked. Eliminate the leak and refill the system with refrigerant. Kenmore Ice Maker Repairs and Services technicians will perform the service.
- Ice is produced longer than normal. If the cycle lasts longer than half an hour, half of the cubes are irregularly shaped, then the radiator is clogged (relevant for air-cooled generators). The radiator needs to be cleaned.
- No water in the chamber, no ice. Even if cubes are formed, they are not the right shape. Water is not enough to completely fill the molds.
- Unstable operation of pump. Water flows into the chamber intermittently and unstably. Manifold, filter, and nozzles need to be cleaned. Diagnose pump malfunction, install new part if necessary.
- Excessive water in the chamber. The ice mold may not close from too many cubes. This indicates a malfunction in the thermostat which controls the amount of ice in the compartment. Install the faulty part and run the test check.
- Water under the cabinet. There is a leak in the solenoid valve. Kenmore Ice Maker Repair technicians will replace the valve when you contact our service center.
The Appliance Service Center should be contacted immediately if there is any problem. Only there will help you determine the exact cause of the problem and make the proper repairs. You can be sure that after our Kenmore Ice Maker Repair and Service, your appliance will work for as long as possible without even the tiniest breakdown.
Reasons to Trust us
We use only professional equipment and tools, original spare parts, and high-quality consumables. Our technicians have 20 years of experience working with all types of household appliances from well-known brands. Specialists constantly improve their skills to provide you with high-quality services.
Frequently Asked Questions
If ice is freezing in chunks on the evaporator. Defrost cycle does not start. The first step is to shut down and restart the unit. After that you need to determine the cause of the problem (programmer, evaporator thermostat, solenoid valve). Our technicians specializing in Kenmore Ice Maker Repair will do the diagnosis when you contact us.
You can tell by incompletely filled molds or improperly shaped ice. The pump performs the function of forcing liquid into the compartment. It then passes through the nozzles. When the water is not coming in, it indicates a clog. It must necessarily be removed. To do this, the water manifold is dismantled, the nozzles and filter are cleaned. The pump is also checked. Broken parts are subject to replacement. Our masters specializing in Kenmore Ice Maker Repair will do the diagnosis when you contact the company.
This happens when using hard water that contains a lot of lime and calcium. If your region has a large number of impurities, be sure to install a purification filter. We recommend that you contact the experts at Kenmore Ice Maker Repair right away.