GE Microwave Repair
People who prefer to buy their appliances from trusted and reputable companies don’t need repairs as often, but it gets more complicated when the warranty period ends or if the official service center is far away and it takes a long time to get there. At Appliance Service Center, we believe that people who choose premium electronics should also receive quality service, so we offer only the best GE Microwave Repair in San Diego County.
Why this company?
The service center staff travels to users’ homes to perform GE Microwave Repair and Service. The repair shop workers have extensive experience with both large and small appliances.
Each of the specialists is trained and tested by an independent commission. This approach allows us to gather professionals in the service center who can perform GE Microwave Repairs of any complexity.
We are often asked to name the cost of GE Microwave Repair and Service right away. Unfortunately, this is not always possible to do over the phone. An important part of any service is the availability of quality replacement parts.
Parts are always available for most brands, for rare microwaves it can be difficult to get a control board or cabinet parts. But we can order spare parts for any model, in this case the repair will be made within a few days.
Feature of our service center is the realization of work in the house of the user. You no longer need to carry heavy appliances to the center. Instead, you can make a house call for a GE Microwave Repair.
You pay for the work only after it is completed, and the appliance is verified to be working. We issue an official warranty for all brands of microwave repair. To call a master at home you will need to call the service center or leave an online application in a special form.
Widespread reasons why the microwave does not work
If your microwave doesn’t turn on, you should check such things before calling a GE Microwave Repairs and Services technician:
- Check for voltage in the outlet and make sure the circuit breaker in the electrical box is on.
- The easiest way to check the outlet voltage is to use a tester screwdriver or plug in any working appliance.
- If the outlet is okay, check the power cord – it should not show signs of melting, kinks, or damage to the insulation.
- Sometimes the microwave does not turn on because the door is not closed all the way.
- The supply voltage in the mains must correspond to the operating characteristics of the oven – a low voltage may be insufficient to turn on the device, a high voltage can lead to the burnout of individual circuit elements or fuses.
The main faults in which the microwave does not turn on
If your microwave stops working, the following causes of failure are most likely:
- Quite common situations in which the high voltage fuse in the microwave blows. This happens when the appliance is overloaded, so you should carefully inspect the other components to find the causes of the blown fuse. If the fuses are blown and blackened, you need to replace them.
- If the microwave does not heat the food when turned on, but you hear an extraneous noise, you should check the capacitor. It should be discharged before checking and replacing it. The capacitor is tested with an ohmmeter. If the arrow of the meter does not react, then the part is out of order.
- It is also necessary to perform a microwave transformer test. It is necessary to make a diagnosis of the primary and secondary windings, as well as the thermal fuse. The test is performed with a tester. If one of the transformer elements is damaged, it will be necessary to replace it.
- A damaged high voltage diode cannot be repaired. The GE Microwave Repair technician will replace it with a new part.
- If all elements of the microwave are serviceable, the magnetron is probably broken. This may cause the oven to buzz when turned on, but not heat the food. Faulty magnetron is checked by visual inspection and diagnosis with an ohmmeter. If it is broken, it must be replaced with a similar part.
Appliance Service Center of the highest quality and at the most affordable price is available to you 24/7! All you must do is call the listed phone number and ask for GE Microwave Repair and Service or leave a request on our website and the perfect solution is just around the corner!
Reasons to Trust us
We use only professional equipment and tools, original spare parts, and high-quality consumables. Our technicians have 20 years of experience working with all types of household appliances from well-known brands. Specialists constantly improve their skills to provide you with high-quality services.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your microwave stops working during use, here are some steps you can try for GE Microwave Repair:
- Check the power.
- Reboot the microwave.
- Check the overheat protection.
- Check the microwave door.
- Avoid overloading.
- Contact a service center.
As a GE Microwave Repair company, here are some microwave maintenance and care tips to help extend the life of your microwave:
- Clean the inside and outside regularly.
- Use a special lid or foil.
- Avoid using metal objects.
- Be careful with liquids.
- Keep it well ventilated.
- Avoid overloading and overheating.
Microwave leaks from your microwave can be dangerous and require immediate intervention. If you have a microwave leak problem, follow these tips:
- Check the sealing rubber.
- Check the microwave door.
- Check for damage to the cabinet.
- Do a microwave leak test.
- Contact a service center.