1. Problem with the electronic control boardCAUSE: One of the most common reasons for oven timer not working is problem with the electronic control board. SOLUTION:
- In most such cases, the fault error code will appear on the small screen but if this doesn’t happen then you must check for power to the elements.
- However if there is no power to the elements then in that case you must check for the control board in order to verify that there is power at the appropriate output relay. I
- f you find no output then you must get the electronic control board replaced.
- The voltage checks done at the control board are live voltage checks and it is better that you contact a professional technician to do these checks for you.
- Moreover for doing so, you may need appropriate meters or devices which professionals have but you may not.
2. Test the terminal blockCAUSE: Another cause for oven timer not working could be the terminal block.
READ ALSO: Installing solar water heater at home
- To check it, first disconnect all the power to the oven and then find this part at the back of the appliance.
- Find the terminal block wires and see if there is any damage.
- Turn the fuse or breaker for a small period of time to see whether the terminal has any power.
- If not, then it is possible that there is an issue with the wiring in your house.
3. Test for powerCAUSE: Sometimes if there is fault in the power, then the oven timer might not work. SOLUTION:
- To check for power you must first disconnect all the power and wires from the oven.
- Now find the fuse or the housebreaker and disconnect it from the plug.
- Pull the plug on the appliance and put the breaker back on.
- Now test the outlet on the wall by connecting some other device or appliance in it to see if it is working.
- If not, then the issue is with the power outlet and not your timer itself.