Kitchen hob maintenance primarily includes cleaning. You will need a special detergent and a soft cloth. Maintenance depends on the type of panel itself. Let’s take a look at what materials the surfaces are made of and how to maintain your kitchen hob properly.
- If the hob is made of glass ceramics, choose gentle cleaning materials, as glass ceramics is a very delicate material. After cleaning, wipe the surface with a wet and dry towel. In addition, glass ceramics can be cleaned with glass cleaner.
- Kitchen glass hob maintenance. Use a sponge soaked in a mild detergent solution. It is better to soak old limescale stains with warm water before cleaning. It is recommended to wipe the glass with suede.
- Use a cotton cloth to clean metal surfaces. It is advisable to moisten it with a drop of sunflower oil, which is always can be found in a kitchen. After oil treatment, wipe the surface with rubbing alcohol. Remember that the enemies of metal panels are abrasive materials that can scratch soft metal.
- Never start cleaning while the surface is still hot – there is a risk of ruining the surface and getting burned. An exception in this case is caramel or jam stains, they must be removed immediately, before they dry.
- Do not use solutions, stain removers and other products not intended for the maintenance of household appliances
- No metal brushes, sponges, knives, or any coarse material capable of damaging the surface
- Do not take scratch-resistant literally – experiments can end badly
- Do not use the surface as a support for heavy objects, this may lead to loss of functionality and cracks
- Do not pour a large amount of water on the panel to soak the stain, for example, from milk – excess water can damage the equipment and become dangerous for its operation.