Just like a washing machine, the dishwasher can be so helpful in a modern house simply because it can do what you don’t like to do. Dishwashers not only can clean your dishes, but they can save you a great deal of time and stress as well. However, sometimes the dishwasher might just fail to work for some reasons and then all the magic is gone. Well, don’t throw it on the window yet, check these helpful dishwasher repairing tips and tricks and you might enjoy your favorite appliance again!
1. Clean or replace the gasket if the door doesn’t close properly. Contrary to the popular belief, dishwashers can also get quite dirty sometimes, especially after a prolonged period of usage. In some cases, a lot of debris and grease might accumulate on the gasket of the door and that is why it won’t close properly. Use clean towels and basic cleaning products in order to clean the dishwasher door and hopefully, this will fix the problem. If not, try to replace the gasket altogether and then the dishwasher door will close as it should.
2. Replace the pump if the dishwasher leaks. In some cases, your dishwasher might also leak quite badly and it will not be able to properly wash your dishes. The problem might be in the dishwasher’s pump. This component feature some sort of rubber gaskets which might wear off in the long run, allowing water to escape. Make sure that you try to replace or repair this pump and you will prevent further damages and problems.
3. Replace the water inlet valve if your dishwasher is still leaking. On the other hand, the problem might be in the inlet water valve or one of its components. This item also features some sort of rubber or plastic hose which feeds water into the dishwasher and after a while, the hose might get damaged. Try to replace this hose or the water inlet valve altogether and hopefully your dishwasher will stop leaking.
4. Replace the spray arms if the dishwasher is noisy. Another big problem with your dishwasher might be that it is simply too noisy. This problem can have many causes, but in most cases, the spray arms might need to be repaired or replaced. If they are damaged, they will hit the racks and dishes when they spin and this will make unpleasant noises and sounds.
5. Check the door latch assembly if the dishwasher doesn’t start. If your dishwasher simply refuses to start then the door latch assembly might be the problem. Basically, the door latch will keep the dishwasher door shut during the washing process. If it doesn’t work properly, the dishwasher won’t receive power and it won’t start. Make sure that you gain access to the inner door panel by removing a couple of screws and check the door latch assembly.
If this sounds a bit too complicated to you then don’t worry, your dishwasher can still be brought back to life! All that you have to do is to let one of our professionals take a look at it. Usually, the dishwasher repairing process is quick and inexpensive, so contact us today.